Sometimes you don’t need a talking therapy to help you maintain your mental health. It may be that you just need a subtle reminder of all the positive actions you can take to regain control of your life.
Maintaining your mental health and wellbeing is important. It allows you to lead a healthy lifestyle and is just as important as looking after your physical health.
So here are 10 simple steps you can take to obtaining a healthier mind:
- Keep active and take regular physical exercise.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet, with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Only drink alcohol in moderation.
- Value and respect yourself and others.
- Talk to someone about how you are feeling.
- Keep in touch with your friends and family.
- Learn something new – maybe a skill or a language.
- Take a break and relax. Don’t try to do too much.
- Ask someone for help if you need it.
- Get involved in something positive and make a contribution.